The Leibster award is an online award given to bloggers by other bloggers. it aims to discover and introduce new bloggers into the blogosphere, please read more about it here. Now, that may be a nice gesture but i'd like to add a twist into the whole matter, other than just welcoming new bloggers. I'd like for my audience to meet other bloggers (nominees) who already exist in the blogosphere and whom I really enjoy reading their work. I'd like for these bloggers to share a few things about themselves as well as some helpful blogging tips for the newbies.
Before I go any further I'd like to thank Ebunoluwa of WanShyGirl, for nominating me and here are the participation rules of the Liebster award. All you have to do is
* Thank the blogger who nominated you.
* Display the Liebster Badge on your site.
* Answer the questions you were sent.
* Choose 5 (to 11) blogs to nominate.
* Send 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
Since I am doing this post, it definitely means I have accepted the award and here is my response to the questions posed to me.
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
I generally started blogging as a way to relax especially after weeks of tiring and possibly mentally draining school work and partly because I wanted to improve my thought and writing skills. Also because I cannot sit and read a book, ||my concentration is poorer than that of a 5 year old||.
I was and still am inspired by Lehautestyle's work, that I began taking my blog and the work I put in it seriously.
2. How long have you been blogging?
In November this year, KALEIDOSVOGUE is turning 2 years old.
3. What’s your favorite fashion item?
Sunglasses, I feel so incomplete if I don't have sunglasses on.
4. Are you an introvert, extrovert or ambivert?
I'd say that I am an ambivert, my daily character strongly depends on what side of the bed I woke up.
5. What challenges do you face as regards to blogging?
-Content for the blog is always a challenge for me, sometimes I do not know what to write at all.
-Taking photos of my outfits, I have slacked on getting a tripod stand so I highly depend on other people to help me with taking the photos.
-Consistency, this is so difficult for me at the moment since I do not have a proper schedule. I am disorganized like that and I definitely have to change.
6. How do you balance blogging with school or work?
I honestly, don't try to balance anything. Blogging time is every time, whenever I have the chance to do something for my blog I'd do it, regardless of whether I have heavy school work or not.
7. Who helps you take your pictures?
When I started taking my blog seriously, I continually pestered my lovely Nigerian housemate every weekend for photos. Ever since she graduated on April, my significant other has stepped in to help and has been doing a decent job with the photos.
8. How do you describe your style?
I am a very mood oriented person hence the way I dress is affected as such. I feel like my style is very simple, and occasionally it is eccentric and vintage inspired.
9. What sort of blogger are you? (Fashion, Style, Art, Beauty)
Mostly a personal style blogger with occasional taps into the natural beauty 'sphere'.
10. What’s your advice for newbie bloggers?
Keep your head up, you'll come across people with really good work that'll make yours feel like child's play. You just have to keep focusing on what you want to do and remember that everyone began humbly.
Also try being creative with your work, once you get the flow everything else will be smooth and comfortable. Lastly, don't be scared to ask for advice from other bloggers both experienced and in-experienced.
I hope you guys learnt a few new things about me and now i'd like to nominate the following bloggers:
Bahati of Thebahatijoyce
Khadija of DIMPLEKHADI
Melody of MELODY JACOB
Almasi of Becasue its vida
Camille of Millo's Lifestyle
Shamsa of Bintiesque
My questions to the nominees
1. Is there a special meaning to the name of your blog?
2. What is your favorite photo editing app?
3. How would/do you choose people to collaborate with (if any)?
4. What do you think of the blogging 'industry/ sector' from where you come from?
5. If you had a chance to work with a top notch blogger, who would it be and why?
6. What is/ was your most important lesson as a blogger?
7. What blogging advice you wish you knew when you started out as a blogger.
8. What is the best blogger's platform you'd recommend to others (if any)?
9. What sort of challenges have you faced when collaborating with a company (if applies), what other blogging related challenges have you encountered?
10. Do you see yourself blogging for the rest of your life?
I can't wait to read your responses ||secretly praying I don't get turned down....fingers crossed.||
Have a lovely week.
Thank you for stopping by the blog.